Last updated: (23th of January 2019)
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.”
Personal Information” includes information that identifies You as an individual, such as:
Telephone (including mobile) or fax number;
Passwords and reminder questions/answers.
Debtco collects Personal Information when You participate in various opportunities that we provide, for example:
- When you contact our support personnel
- When You use the Services or make a request.
- When You provide Your personal information and when You update Your contact information.
- When You register for communications through the Website.
- When You participate in a promotion, rewards program, customer group, survey, or other promotion.
- When You participate in a blog, forum, or interact with Debtco using social media or other electronic or digital communications.
- When we conduct market research, meet You at a trade show, or other events.
- When You apply for a job with Debtco.
We may combine Personal Information that we collect about You with Personal Information and non-personal information You provide to Us through other sources such as inquiries, or marketing events. We will use the combined Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement for as long as it is combined.
Non-Personal Information We Collect
“Non-Personal Information” is any information that does not reveal Your specific identity, such as:
- Browser information;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by You;
- Aggregated information;
- Preferences concerning how You receive information
- Information about the Services You have purchased and have access to
How We Collect Non-Personal Information
Debtco and its third party service providers may collect information that by itself identify a specific person (“Non-Personal Information”) in a variety of ways, including:
Through Your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as Your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version and Internet browser type and version.
While You may disable the usage of cookies through Your browser settings, we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from Your browser or mobile application. We track Your activities if You click on advertisements for Debtco services on Third-Party platforms such as search engines and social networks, and may use analytics to track what You do in response to those advertisements
Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Website pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Website users and email recipients, measure the success of Debtco marketing campaigns and compile statistics about Website usage and response rates.
From You: Information such as Your location, as well as other information, such as Your preferred means of communication, is collected when You voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify You or any other user of the Website.
- Information collected via Technology
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the version of the Services You are using
- Cookie and tracking technology data, such as time spent on the Services, referral source, pages visited, language preferences, and other anonymous traffic data
- Your preferred means of communication, is collected when You voluntarily provide this information.
- Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify You or any other user of the Website.
- Performance, Analytics and Research: Cookies help us learn how well our site and web products perform in different locations. We also use to understand, improve, and research products, features, and services, including when you access the Website from other websites, applications, or devices such as your work computer or your mobile device.
Debtco may use both persistent and session cookies; persistent cookies remain on Your computer after You close Your session and until You delete them, while session cookies expire when You close Your browser.
- HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
“Aggregated Information” is a combination and analysis of information from multiple sources that helps identify or creates trends, benchmarks, summary metrics, or predictive algorithms, provided that we take reasonable steps to prevent a specific individual or the individual’s data from being identified. We may create Aggregated Information from information that other customers choose to share with us, along with Your Personal and Non- Personal Information.
We may use Aggregated Information:
- to deliver, administer, develop and enhance Our Website and Services;
- to enable general marketing and advertising statements about our products and services; and
- for other purposes to which You expressly consent.
III. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We implement security measures designed to protect Your information from unauthorized access. We further protect Your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that Your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, You acknowledge that You understand and agree to assume these risks.
- YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please also note that if you wish to opt out receiving marketing or promotional communications from Service Providers You must contact the Service Provider directly.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- RETENTION PERIOD
We will retain Your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law.
VII. STATE PRIVACY LAWS
For California & Vermont residents: We will not share information we collect about You with affiliates or third parties, except as required or permitted by Your state’s law.
VIII. BROWSER DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Our website currently does not have a mechanism to recognize the various web browser Do Not Track signals.
- COMPELLED DISCLOSURE
We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process
- NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of the state of California, California’s “Shine the Light” law permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by us to a third party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at:
347 5th Avenue, Suite 1402-118
New York, New York 10016 USA
XII. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
XIII. LAWFUL BASES FOR PROCESSING
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g., to deliver the Services you have requested) and “legitimate interests.” We may process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests or for the legitimate interests of third parties (e.g., your employer or company), provided that such processing shall not outweigh your rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your personal data to:
- Protect you, us or others from threats (such as security threats or fraud);
- Comply with laws that apply to us;
- Enable or administer our business, such as for quality control, consolidated reporting, and customer service;
- Manage corporate transactions, such as mergers or acquisitions;
- Understand and improve our business or customer relationships generally.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. If you reside in the Designated Countries and have any questions about the lawful basis upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
XIV. CORPORATE EVENTS
If we are acquired by another company, whether by merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or otherwise, that company would receive all information gathered on the Websites and the Services. In this event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your Personal Information, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS.
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide Personal Information through the Services.
347 5th Avenue, Suite 1402-118
New York, New York 10016